PAGES

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Don't Wait

“Don’t Wait.” How often do we hear that advice? Usually we operate under the directives of: Be carefulDon’t rush into anythingWait and see how you feel tomorrow. But everyday I am confronted with the mandate “Don’t Wait” hanging as nicely as you please right above my sofa.

The final picture in my triptych shows a pair of feet racing off with a bowl of spilled berries dropped carelessly on the ground in the rush. I’m not much of a racer or a dasher—I like to think things over. However, there comes a time when thinking must turn to action. The tricky part for me is to determine when that moment comes.

We’ve been doing a lot of work on our “magic porch” (more on that later from Raul) and it has been so much fun. Then Raul pointed out to me that everything I’d been creating and preparing was for other people to enjoy. He was right. It seems my heart didn’t want to wait any longer; but my mind was still stalling.

I’ve made many decisions based on what my heart was telling me. And it is time for another. I have held fast and saved my strength for the last seven years and now it is time to drop my bowl of berries and race off to the next adventure.

I made a list. I want these things to be a part of that adventure.

Pray the hours
Learn French
Learn to paint with pastels
                  Grow herbs and tomatoes
Finish writing my book
Finish typing “Letters from my Laddie
(letters my Dad wrote to his mother when stationed in Korea)
Make bento lunches
Make a quilt

That’s part of my adventure. I’m open to whatever and whomever God brings my way.

I don’t want to wait anymore.


1 comment:

  1. I love this, as I love you guys. And I love your list. I'd love one of your Bento boxes. I'd say that I'd love a quilt, but that seems like a bit much. I also want to visit your magic porch - sounds...well...magical.

    ReplyDelete